These are great for breakfast! They’re not overly sweet, nor too bland. They’re also moist and crumbly.
Apple Lemon with Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pcs. eggs lightly beaten
- 10 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C).
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk.
- Mix the creamed ingredients into the flour mixture until evenly moist.
- Fold in the apples.
- Spoon the prepared muffin cups.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over the tops of the muffin batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Alternatively, insert a toothpick in the center of the muffin and see if it comes out clean.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.