What can be more soothing to the soul, tummy-filling, and sociable than having a piece of cookies & cream cheesecake? Just thinking about it sets anyone to crave for a big piece of this light confection made with a graham cracker crust, Oreo cookies, and smooth creamy vanilla filling, along with a topping of cherries, strawberries, blueberries, or streusel if desired. The combination of chocolate and cheesecake is certainly a heavenly delight.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- 2 cups Cream-filled Cookies *
- 6 tbsp Margarine softened
- 1 ea Env. Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Whipping Cream whipped
- 1 1/4 cup Creme-filled Cookies **
- Combine cookie crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on an electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add gelatin mixture and milk, mixing until well blended.
- Chill until mixture is thickened but not set.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture; pour remaining cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Top with cookies and reserved cream cheese mixture. Chill until firm.